Major Airline Announcements Unveiled Including Advancing Connectivity, Personalization, Biometrics, and Global Seating Measurement Standards
Press Release – updated: Oct 2, 2018 11:34 EDT
NEW YORK, October 2, 2018 – APEX EXPO concluded last week after bringing the world of aviation together in Boston to discuss the end-to-end passenger experience. CEOs from Aer Lingus, Aeromexico, Air Canada, American Airlines, LATAM Brasil, and Spirit Airlines headlined the event that attracted more than 4,000 decision-makers, including 500+ airline delegates from more than 100 airlines from around the globe.
APEX delivered, to its thousands of attendees, the thought leadership that shapes and advances the airline industry at this year’s show, co-located with IFSA (International Flight Services Association) EXPO and AIX (Aircraft Interiors Expo) Americas. Emceed by Aaron Heslehurst, host of Talking Business, BBC World News, the six major airline CEOs leveraged APEX EXPO as the platform to share major announcements from their airlines, including:
- American Airlines Chairman and CEO Doug Parker announced new partnerships with Zoes Kitchen and Bang & Olufsen.
- Aer Lingus CEO and Executive Director Steven Kavanagh announced a major brand refresh alongside free economy class Wi-Fi and alcoholic beverages.
- Aeromexico CEO Dr. Andres Conesa discussed a focus on advancing excellence and consistency; including a standardized fleet, and a new chef-driven menu.
- LATAM Brasil CEO and LATAM Airlines Group Vice-President of Customers Claudia Sender revealed a new LATAM cabin experience and airline collaboration to expand its route network.
- Air Canada President and CEO Calin Rovinescu shared recent announcements of new crew uniforms, enhanced chef-driven food and beverage offerings, and a rebrand of its premium products.
- Spirit Airlines CEO Robert Fornaro revealed the first installation of their new high-speed connectivity, and discussed the different possibilities for in-flight entertainment and advancing the guest experience.
In addition to keynoting APEX EXPO, the CEOs convened as the first APEX/IFSA Board of Governors, chaired by American Airlines CEO Doug Parker. This exclusive executive group reached consensus on key strategic priorities for APEX/IFSA to enhance the passenger experience in 2019. These include advancing passenger biometrics globally, fulfilling the promise of in-flight connectivity, providing greater personalization, and setting industry seating measurement standards for passenger comfort beyond historical pitch.
Attendees of APEX EXPO also took part in world-class thought leadership seminars that covered topics such as connectivity, cloud services, biometrics, content, personalization, in-flight entertainment, and artificial intelligence.
“APEX took major steps this week advancing new passenger-centric initiatives for 2019 at EXPO with every major airline and supplier in the world,” APEX/IFSA CEO Dr. Joe Leader stated. “We are incredibly proud of all our airlines, suppliers, and partners that tirelessly work to provide better airline customer experience globally. Our step-by-step efforts to improve air travel are paying dividends at every layer of the industry, from top-tier airlines to ultra low-cost carriers.”
APEX was also proud to honor top airlines and vendors who have committed to elevating the passenger experience at the APEX Awards Ceremony, which was hosted for the second year by The Points Guy CEO and Founder Brian Kelly. The industry’s best-of-the-best received awards in the following categories:
- APEX Awards: Honored innovators in passenger experience who have successfully implemented new programs and services this year. Click here to see the press release from the event.
- The Official Airline Ratings™: Four- and five-star airlines were recognized as part of the first airline rating program based solely on verified, validated, and certified passenger feedback. View the press release here.
- Passenger Choice Awards: Recognized excellence in seat comfort, cabin service, food and beverage, entertainment, and Wi-Fi. Click here to view the press release.
Additionally, the APEX CEO Lifetime Achievement Award was presented to Air Canada President and CEO Calin Rovinescu. In presenting the award, APEX cited Mr. Rovinescu's airline passenger experience leadership for all of North America in addition to his cutting-edge leadership for four years at Star Alliance concurrent to serving a year as IATA’s Chairman. Mr. Rovinescu is the first CEO from the Americas to be presented with the award.
In 2019, APEX EXPO will head to Los Angeles Sept. 9-12 as it celebrates 40 years of advancing the airline passenger experience. In honor of this historic milestone, APEX announced Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian as the featured keynote speaker. Mr. Bastian also agreed to serve as Chairman of the 2019-20 APEX/IFSA Board of Governors beginning Sept. 9 as he succeeds American Airlines CEO & Chairman Doug Parker. In Los Angeles, APEX EXPO will continue its annual tradition of co-locating with IFSA EXPO and AIX Americas to combine three shows into one incredible event.
In addition to its annual global EXPO, APEX hosts multiple industry gatherings around the world. Click here for a list of all upcoming events. For more information about APEX, please visit apex.aero, sign up for the APEX Daily Experience e-newsletter, or follow APEX on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
About The Airline Passenger Experience Association (APEX)
APEX encompasses a network of businesses and professionals that are committed to providing a world-class airline experience for passengers around the globe. As a nonprofit, APEX reinvests all of its resources to better serve its members. Every day, APEX members evaluate the passenger experience through an influential community and are improving every aspect of the airline experience: from designing, building and installing seating, entertainment and communications systems on commercial aircraft, to airport lounges and inflight dining. For more than four decades, APEX has worked to strengthen the industry and enable business opportunities through education, innovation, networking and recognition.
Source: APEX (Airline Passenger Experience Association)
Powered by WPeMatico