TUCSON, AZ, September 14, 2018 — Dr. Martin L. Dresner, is the son of Marianne and Lawrence S. Dresner, to whom he attributes his success and his initiative for hard work. It was their love and support along the journey that encouraged him to aspire for excellence. Dr. Dresner also recolonizes that his untiring love of the medical profession and the support of his colleagues throughout his career that has also granted him the fortitude to appreciate every breathe of life given to him and the ability to save the lives of others.
Dresner, served in the United States Army between 1966 and 1994. While in service, he received the Order of Military Medical Merit. As a Vietnam Veteran, he received the Legion of Merit, the Bronze Star and the US Airborne and Special Forces Airborne wings. Prior to establishing his private practice, Dr. Dresner retired from the U.S. Army in 1994 with the rank of Colonel.
Dr. Martin L. Dresner attained his Medical degree from Jefferson Medical College in 1965, following completion of his bachelor's degree from Ursinus College, a small private institution of higher education located in Collegeville, PA. Upon joining the staff at Abington Memorial Hospital for his internship, Dr. Dresner then completed his residency in General Surgery at Martin Army Community Hospital in Fort Benning, GA. Additionally, Dr. Dresner concluded a second residency in Urology at Letterman Army Medical Center and an additional fellowship in Pediatric Urology at Children's Memorial Hospital in Jamestown, NY.
He is a highly-trained and qualified urologist with expertise in all facets of his work. Dr. Martin L. Dresner has been practicing for over 52 years and is highly regarded for his knowledge and skills. He offers quality and timely results, working with his urology team to help diagnose and treat a patient effectively. In addition to his clinical work, Dr. Dresner is an adjunct medical professor.
Dr. Dresner is certified by the American Board of Urology. Dr. Dresner is an elite member and esteemed Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and member of the American Urological Association, the American Association of Clinical Urologists, the Society of Government Services Urologists and the American College of Surgeons. Past President of the Western Section of the American Urological Association, Dr. Dresner currently serves as Historian and Parliamentarian of the SGSU. Having amassed over fifty years of experience, Dr. Dresner attained extensive expertise in all aspects of urology including program management.
Dr. Dresner, now retired, was the Program Director of the Department of Urology at Southern Arizona VA Health Care System. Located in Tucson, Arizona and catering to over 171,000 veterans across multiple counties in Southern Arizona and one county in Western New Mexico, Southern Arizona VA Health Care System is a 277-bed hospital, administering primary care and sub-specialty health services for eligible veterans. He is also affiliated with WellSpan Gettysburg Hospital.
Dr. Martin L. Dresner, venerated for his outstanding service, was awarded the Presidential Citation by the American Urological Association, and was the 2014 recipient of the Henry M. and M. Paige Laughlin Lifetime Educator Award by Ursinus College.
Dr. Dresner enjoys spending time with his four grandchildren and listening to Jazz music.
Publications & Presentations
• 17 citations Effect of local corticosteroids on early inflammatory function in surgical wound of rats. Nguyen, H., Lim, J., Dresner, M. L., Nixon, B.; J Foot Ankle Surg. 1998 Jul 01.
• Technique of biopty gun testis needle biopsy .Morey, A. F., Deshon, G. E., Rozanski, T. A., Dresner, M. L.; Urology. 1993 Sep.
• Adaptation of Foley catheter for hemostasis during urologic laparoscopy. Morey, A. F., Deshon, G. E., Dresner, M. L.; Urology. 1993 Nov.
• Proliferative activity as an adjunct in the diagnosis of prostatic adenocarcinoma. Morey, A. F., Britton, B., Deshon, G. E., Kimura, L. H., Dresner, M. L., Crain, T. W.; Mil Med. 1994 Feb.
• 14 citations Biopty gun testis needle biopsy: a preliminary clinical experience. Morey, A. F., Plymyer, M., Rozanski, T. A., Deshon, G. E., Myers, J. B., Dresner, M. L.; Br J Urol. 1994 Sep.
• 2 citations Circumcision in infancy. Dresner, M. L.; Urology. 1995 Dec.
• 4 citations Urinary ascites resulting from umbilical artery catheterization. Vordermark, J. S., Buck, A. S., Dresner, M. L.; J Urol. 1980 Nov.
• Urethral calculi. Bridges, C. H., Belville, W. D., Buck, A. S., Dresner, M. L.; J Urol. 1982 Nov.
• 32 citations Benign testis tumors. Belville, W. D., Insalaco, S. J., Dresner, M. L., Buck, A. S.; J Urol. 1982 Dec.
• 4 citations Surgical revision of scrotal engulfment. Dresner, M. L.; Urol Clin North Am. 1982 Jun.
• 13 citations The effect of dimethyl sulfoxide on the uptake of cisplatin from the urinary bladder of the dog: a pilot study. Schoenfeld, R. H., Belville, W. D., Jacob, W. H., Buck, A. S., Dresner, M. L., Insalaco, S. J., Ward, G. S.; J Am Osteopath Assoc. 1983 Apr.
• 18 citations Torsed appendage. Diagnosis and management: blue dot sign. Dresner, M. L.; Urology. 1973 Jan 01.
• 3 citations Unilateral ureteral obstruction secondary to sarcoidosis. Schoenfeld, R. H., Belville, W. D., Buck, A. S., Dresner, M. L., Insalaco, S. J., McNamara, T. E.; Urology. 1985 Jan 01.
• 18 citations Ectopic prostate tissue at the bladder dome. Morey, A. F., Kreder, K. J., Wikert, G. A., Cooper, G., Dresner, M. L.; J Urol. 1989 Apr.
• Inadvertent urethral insertion of a contraceptive suppository. Pliskin, M. J., Dresner, M. L.; J Urol. 1988 May.
• New technique for endourologic treatment of cystine nephrolithiasis. Wikert, G. A., Kreder, K. J., Sheff, C. D., Dresner, M. L.; Urology. 1989 Oct.
• 27 citations Cocaine and lidocaine as topical urethral anesthetics. Pliskin, M. J., Kreder, K. J., Desmond, P. M., Dresner, M. L.; J Urol. 1989 May.
• 5 citations Gonadoblastoma in an anatomically normal man: a case report and literature review .Chapman, W. H., Plymyer, M. R., Dresner, M. L.; J Urol. 1990 Dec.
• 14 citations A giant renal artery aneurysm diagnosed post partum.Pliskin, M. J., Dresner, M. L., Hassell, L. H., Gusz, J. R., Balkin, P. W., Lerud, K. S., Larson, A. W.; J Urol. 1990 Dec.
• 2 citations Extragonadal yolk sac tumor in a superior scrotal mass. Crain, T. W., Kennon, W. G., Desmond, P. M., Dresner, M. L., Sandberg, G. D.; J Urol. 1992 Apr
# # #
Powered by WPeMatico