CRANBURY, N.J.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–MD Magazine®, a multimedia platform focused on providing physicians with the most valuable and up-to-date specialty- and disease-specific resources to help them provide the best patient care, presents its most recent “Peer Exchange” panel discussion: “Expert Perspectives on Diagnosis and Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.” The video series features several experts in the field of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), who will review the causes, diagnostic workup, and management of the disease, as well as emerging therapies.
“Many patients with irritable bowel syndrome experience mild to severe symptoms that may come and go and change over time,” said Michael J. Hennessy Jr., president of MJH Associates, Inc., parent company of MD Magazine®. “During this cutting-edge video series, our experts come together to discuss management and treatment approaches for patients who have this complex, long-term condition disorder.”
This panel features five distinguished experts:
- Dr. Mark Pimentel, executive director of the Medically Associated Science and Technology (MAST) Program at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, as moderator.
- Dr. William D. Chey, gastroenterologist at the University of Michigan.
- Dr. Anthony J. Lembo, professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School and director of the GI Motility Laboratory at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center’s division of gastroenterology.
- Dr. Ali Rezaie, medical director of the GI Motility Program and director of bioinformatics and gastrointestinal technologies for the MAST Program at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
- Dr. Brennan Spiegel, professor of medicine and public health and director of Health Services Research in Academic Affairs and Clinical Research at Cedars-Sinai.
The “Peer Exchange” series begins with an overview of IBS, including its signs and symptoms. The experts also discuss the overall challenges with diagnosing IBS and review the Rome IV diagnosis criteria. Additional segments focus on IBS management and care, plus a review of emerging treatment plans for IBS-D and IBS-C.
About MD Magazine®
MD Magazine® is a comprehensive clinical news and information portal that provides physicians and other health care professionals with up-to-date specialty- and disease-specific resources designed to help them deliver better care to patients. Readers have access to breaking news, video interviews with physician experts, in-depth conference coverage, finance and practice management updates, insight and analysis from physician contributors and other resources. MD Magazine® is part of MJH Associates, Inc., the largest privately held, independent full-service medical media company in the U.S. dedicated to delivering trusted health care news across multiple channels.
Powered by WPeMatico