GLEN ALLEN, VA, September 25, 2018 — Industry analyst firm n-tech Research has just published a new report on the global surface haptics market. The report titled, “Surface Haptics Markets 2018-2027“, predicts the market to surpass $11.5 billion (USD) in revenues in 2022 driven by widespread adoption of the technology within mobile electronics and the automotive sector.
Additional details about the report including a table of contents, figures, and a downloadable sample can be found at:
About the Report:
This report identifies the latest opportunities in the global surface haptics market. Until recently, the only widely used haptics effects have been vibration notifications and alarms in mobile electronics and the shaking of certain gaming accessories. This rudimentary haptics technology is being upgraded more sophisticated and powerful capabilities. The surface haptics commercial issues discussed in this report include:
• The emergence of entirely new features in mobile electronics including virtual keyboards and buttons, virtual material textures and geographical topographies, customized multi-mode notifications and alerts, and more.
• Where the next opportunities for surface haptics will be found beyond its current use in consumer electronics. The report discusses how the automotive sector aerospace, gaming, education, healthcare and advertising will provide significant opportunities in the future.
• The evolution of mechanical surface haptic actuation as well as entirely new actuation methods (like, electrostatic, ultrasonic, thermal, etc.) and haptics software libraries, to accommodate variety of haptic feedback modes and types: vibrations, forces and pressures.
Coverage of the report is international with a discussion of how surface haptics markets will evolve in the US, Europe and Asia. In addition, the report provides 10-year forecasts of surface haptics markets in volume and value terms with breakouts by application, technology and geography.
The report will also review the activities of leading firms active in the surface haptics space including Apple, Google, Sony, Nokia, Microsoft, Fujitsu, Bosch, Kyocera, and Fuji Xerox, as well as startups and major universities.
From the Report:
• n-tech Research forecasts the surface haptics market to grow from $0.4 billion in 2018 to over $45 billion in 2027 with a CAGR of 60 percent. This growth is anticipated as the result of a fundamental transition from a simple and very limited haptics technology we have been experiencing so far on our mobile electronic devices (smartphones, smartwatches) and gaming consoles to much more elaborate, sophisticated and capable haptics technologies.
• In the report, n-tech identifies the major markets for meaningful growth of surface haptics: mobile electronics and automotive infotainment systems. The mobile electronics market is the currently largest market for haptics and will continue to grow, reaching $6B in revenues by 2022. The automotive market, while in the beginning of its growth period, will reach $3B by 2022.
• n-tech also forecasts the next emerging surface haptics markets: appliances and advertising. Wide spread implementation of touch screen controls in appliances will energize use of surface haptics, which could produce revenues of $300M by 2022. Haptics in advertising has already demonstrated its effectiveness and appeal to customers through mobile electronics and interactive kiosks platforms. This market could reach $600M by 2022.
n-tech Research is the recognized leader in providing industry analysis and forecasts for emerging technologies as well as advanced and smart materials. Visit the firm's website at http://www.ntechresearch.com for a full listing of the company's reports and other services.
# # #
Powered by WPeMatico