MEMPHIS, Tenn.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Today, more than 3,000 employees from ServiceMaster Global Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:SERV), a leading provider of essential residential and commercial services, will volunteer with community organizations across the United States as part of its fifth annual We Care Day. ServiceMaster will coordinate more than 50 simultaneous volunteer projects in seven different metropolitan areas.
“We are one of the country’s largest service providers and we strongly believe in caring for the communities we serve,” said Nik Varty, chief executive officer of ServiceMaster. “We serve because we care. Whether it is delivering outstanding customer service or volunteering in our communities, this commitment is just part of our DNA.”
We Care Day has grown significantly in its first five years, starting with just a few hundred employees in 2013 working on a dozen projects. The signature event has also been recognized by public officials and citizenship organizations as a prominent example of how corporate citizenship efforts bolster employee engagement and community support.
“We Care Day is about being a part of something special. It’s one of the reasons ServiceMaster is a great place to work and it’s at the heart of everything we do,” said Velvet Graham, senior director of events, community relations and diversity and inclusion. “We celebrate our employees’ passion for serving others and their dedication to our communities across the country.”
The day’s work is expected to deliver more than 12,000 volunteer hours in the communities where employees live and work. ServiceMaster employees will volunteer in a variety of activities, which include beautifying local neighborhoods, preparing meals for the homeless, and partnering with Make-A-Wish Mid-South to grant a child’s wish to go to Disney World.
Local volunteer efforts include projects to support:
- Carroll, Iowa: Department of Human Services, Family Resource Center, Opportunity Living, Family Development Center, Catholic Charities, Elderbridge Agency on Aging, Operation Gratitude
- Dallas, Texas: Children’s Advocacy Center for Denton County
- La Grange, Ga.: The Thread, Ault Academy, Personal Aide, Harmony House, West Georgia Hospice, Twin Fountains, Active Life Center
- Memphis, Tenn.: American Red Cross, Clean Memphis, DeNeuville Learning Center, FedEx Family House, Girl Scouts Heart of the South, Hope House, Junior Achievement of the Mid-South, Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital, Make-A-Wish Mid-South, Memphis River Parks Partnership, Mid-South Food Bank, MIFA, National Civil Rights Museum, Neighborhood Christian Center, Operation Gratitude, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Memphis, Salvation Army, Soulsville Charter School/Stax Academy, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Su Casa, UrbanArt Commission, Urban Bicycle Food Ministry, Youth Villages
- Phoenix, Ariz.: Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix, Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Salt Lake City, Utah: Operation Gratitude
- Tampa, Fla.: Metropolitan Ministries
Because of this great commitment to communities across the United States, ServiceMaster has earned national praise and recognition. The company was a finalist in the Community Relations category of the 2017 Platinum PR Awards, given by PR News. The company also received the Volunteer Memphis Corporate Citizens Award and the Pinnacle Award for Community Impact from the Memphis Area Association of Realtors in 2017.
ServiceMaster (NYSE: SERV) solves the homeowner’s dilemma. Every day, we visit more than 75,000 homes and businesses through our extensive service network of expert professionals. Technology powers our trusted experts to engage with customers so they can order, buy and receive services when, where and how they want them. Our well-recognized brands include American Home Shield (home warranties), AmeriSpec (home inspections), Furniture Medic (furniture repair), Merry Maids (residential cleaning), ServiceMaster Clean (janitorial and residential floor cleaning), ServiceMaster Restore (disaster restoration), Terminix (residential termite and pest control) and Terminix Commercial (commercial termite and pest control). Like, follow or visit us at facebook.com/ServiceMaster, linkedin.com/ServiceMaster, twitter.com/ServiceMaster, or servicemaster.com.
Powered by WPeMatico