This award is presented as the recognition of Omani women’s association, which has achieved incredible feats. One of the primary objectives of this award is to encourage Omani women in participating in civil society institutions, increasing their role in public life and offering them better opportunities for their and the society’s development. As a result of that, the expertise in them will be amplified, which will motivate them in building better communities.
Commenting on the awards, Laila Mohammed Al Wahaibi, Manager of Corporate Social Responsibility at Omantel said, “These awards are designed to spread the spirit of innovation, volunteerism and healthy competition among community associations in Oman. By partnering with civil society organizations, Omantel is committed to bringing about all-round and sustainable development and especially use this platform to encourage associations to integrate the needs of women into comprehensive national development plans. We sincerely thank His Majesty for dedicating this day to women in Oman and recognizing their efforts in driving the socio-economic development of the country.” Further, she said, “This award aims at recognizing all Omani Women’s Associations and their affiliates. The eligibility requirements are available on Omantel’s social media channels. Those who wish to register for the award can fill out an application form and send to csr.group ( @ ) omantel dot om where the applications will be evaluated by a specialized committee dot Finally, the results will be announced on October 17, 2018 dot ”
The objectives of this award are to:
• Motivating and highlighting exceptional female models in society.
• Reflecting the culture of voluntary work amongst the members of the community
• Boosting the spirit of competition amongst the Omani women and featuring & focusing their achievements.
• Evaluating to what extent does the association use technology and information systems to assist their work.
• Initiating the active community partnership between the Oman Telecommunications Company and the civil society organization.
• Encouraging and initiating the voluntary spirit among the associations.
• Contributing to the efforts of national women’s associations to help fulfill the needs of development plans.
As this award is given women’s associations, the criteria mentioned below need to be followed.
• Capability to innovate and sustain in the project
• The presence of that striving initiative, which will reflect the commitment and responsibility toward the society.
• Monitoring and evaluation mechanism
Terms of participation
• The association should have a license and committed to the laws of Sultanate.
• The form given for the application should be filled along with the supplementary documents.
• The association should be committed to providing all the information required to apply for the award.
• The project should be in line with the vision of Sultanate in the progress and empowerment of the women.
• Branches can apply for the contest through the parent association only.
Nomination of the glorious member
To get nominated, you should be a member of the assembly. Each association can nominate a distinguished member who works in the project, which is nominated for the prize. Highlight the previous contributions and achievements of the member of the volunteer projects. You can include experience gained or certificates or awards received.
Features of the award
As the award is solely dedicated to women and their achievements, the official announcement of the winning societies is made on the Omani Women’s Day i.e. on October 17th. His Majesty the Sultan said, “Since the early renaissance we have attached care for the participation of Omani women in the march of the blessed renaissance, so we have provided them with education, training and employment opportunities and supported their role and status in society.” The association and the winning member will be honored with an award. The winners will also get the cash prize. There are four stages of the competition. At the first stage, advertising and registration of the contest are carried. At the second stage, the initial evaluation of the project is carried out. At the third stage, final evaluation and selection of winners are done. At the fourth stage, results are announced and the women’s day is celebrated.
Powered by WPeMatico