SINGAPORE, Sept. 25, 2018 — The 11th Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW) will bring together distinguished global energy leaders to share insights and perspectives on the theme, “Transforming Energy: Invest, Innovate, Integrate” from 29 October to 2 November 2018. Mr Chan Chun Sing, Singapore's Minister for Trade and Industry will deliver the SIEW Opening Remarks. The SIEW Opening Keynote Address will feature Dr Fatih Birol, Executive Director of the International Energy Agency (IEA) and John Abbott, Downstream Director and Member of the Executive Committee at Shell, who will discuss the investments, innovation and integration needed for a more resilient energy future.
For the first time, the 36th ASEAN Ministers on Energy Meeting (AMEM) and Associated Meetings will be held together with the 11th SIEW. Delegates can look forward to strategic discussions with policy makers and senior representatives from the industry and international organisations including:
- Dr Koh Poh Koon, Senior Minister of State, Ministry of Trade and Industry, Singapore
- H.E. Suy Sem, Minister of Mines and Energy, Cambodia
- H.E. U Win Khaing, Union Minister for Electricity and Energy, Myanmar
- H.E. Alfonso Cusi, Secretary of Energy, The Philippines
- H.E. Dr Siri Jirapongphan, Minister of Energy, Thailand
- H.E. Dr Arcandra Tahar, Vice-Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources, Indonesia
- H.E. Li Fanrong, Vice-Administrator, National Energy Administration, China
- Dato Lim Jock Hoi, Secretary-General, ASEAN
- Adnan Z. Amin, Director-General, International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
- Liu Zehong, Executive Vice President, State Grid Corporation of China
- Bambang Susantono, Vice-President, Knowledge Management and Sustainable Development, Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Dr D.J. Pandian, Vice President and Chief Investment Officer, Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
- Philippe Monloubou, Chairman of the Management Board, Enedis
- Martin J. Houston, Vice-Chairman, Tellurian
- Yuji Kakimi, President, JERA
- Sharbini Suhaili, Group CEO, Sarawak Energy
- Piyush Gupta, CEO and Director, DBS Group
- Didier Holleaux, Executive Vice President, ENGIE
- Ditlev Engel, CEO, DNV GL-Energy
- Tim Holt, CEO, Power Generation Services, Siemens
- Wouter Van Wersch, President & CEO of GE Asia Pacific and Vice-President, General Electric
- Kazuhisa Yano, Chief Asia Representative, Osaka Gas
Other high-level discussions at SIEW 2018 include the 2nd Singapore-IEA Forum, SIEW Thinktank Roundtables, and SIEW Energy Insights. SIEW key partner events, Asia Clean Energy Summit (ACES), Asian Downstream Summit (ADS) and Gas Asia Summit (GAS) will also return this year, featuring discussions on clean energy, refining & petrochemicals, and gas & LNG respectively.
Register at www.siew.sg before 30 September 2018 to enjoy early bird discounts of up to S$300. SIEW 2018 will be held from 29 October 2018 to 2 November 2018 at the Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore.
About Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW)
In its 11th edition, the Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW) is a premier platform in Asia for energy insights, partnerships and dialogues, which brings together the world's leading conferences, exhibitions and roundtables in one week, one location. SIEW enriches the global energy conversation by convening political, business, academic and energy industry thought-leaders to define and advance the world's leading energy challenges, solutions and actions across the energy spectrum of oil & gas, clean and renewable energy, and energy infrastructure financing. Please visit www.siew.sg for further information.
About the Energy Market Authority (EMA)
The Energy Market Authority (EMA) is a statutory board under the Ministry of Trade and Industry. Our main goals are to ensure a reliable and secure energy supply, promote effective competition in the energy market and develop a dynamic energy sector in Singapore. Through our work, we seek to forge a progressive energy landscape for sustained growth. Please visit www.ema.gov.sg for more information.
For media queries, please contact:
SOURCE Energy Market Authority
Powered by WPeMatico