MINNEAPOLIS, Oct. 31, 2017 () — DaVita Clinical Research (DCR), a specialty contract research organization and subsidiary of DaVita Inc. (NYSE: DVA) with services spanning the full spectrum of drug and device development, will present 16 research abstracts from company representatives and collaborators at the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) annual Kidney Week in New Orleans Oct. 31-Nov. 5, 2017.
ASN Kidney Week convenes more than 13,000 kidney care professionals from around the world to discuss new developments in the field of nephrology.
“Investing in research and quality initiatives is important to how DCR and DaVita Kidney Care are shaping the future of our field and improving patient outcomes,” said Steven Brunelli, MD, MSCE, vice president at DCR.
Researchers from DCR and DaVita Kidney Care will present results from several retrospective studies and share data from innovative clinical improvement programs; the data originates from DCR and its independent research partners in the academic, pharmaceutical and biotech research communities. DCR poster and presentation titles include:
- Real-World Experience Utilizing Endovascular Arteriovenous Fistula (endoAVF) to Deliver Hemodialysis Treatment
- Association of Continuation of Loop Diuretics at Hemodialysis Initiation with Clinical Outcomes
- Changes in Serum Phosphorus, Pill Burden, and Medication Possession Ratio among Chronic Hemodialysis Patients who Converted to Sucroferric Oxyhydroxide as Part of Routine Care
- An International Multicenter Analysis of Incident Patients on Hemodialysis—Practice Patterns, Vascular Access, Demographics and Laboratory Profiles
- Chronic Pain Poses a Significant Burden on Lives of Dialysis Patients
- Hospitalization and Missed Dialysis Treatments Are More Common in Hemodialysis Patients with Depressive Symptoms
- Impact of Employment Status or Insurance Type on Outcomes among Patients with End Stage Renal Disease
- Limitations of the KDQoL for Assessing Quality of Life among Patients with End-Stage Renal Disease
- Pseudohypernatremia in Patients with Hemodialysis Catheters Locked with Trisodium Citrate
- Efficacy of Peri-Vascular Anesthesia in Dialysis Access Procedures—Experience from Saudi Arabia
- A Scoring System to Guide Systemic Oral Anticoagulation among Incident Dialysis Patients with a Preexisting Diagnosis of Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter
- Oral Anticoagulation among Patients Initiating Dialysis with Existing Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter: Association with Outcomes and Risk Score
- Ultrafiltration Profiling: Association with Clinical Outcomes among Incident Dialysis Patients
- Utilizing Symptom Targeted Intervention to Help Dialysis Patients Remain Vocationally Active
- Predictive Hierarchical Modeling of Determinants of Outcomes of Anemia Management with Binocrit®, a Biosimilar Epoetin Alfa, in the Hemodialysis Setting (MONITOR-CKD5 Study)
- Latent Tuberculosis in Chronic Dialysis Patients: Prevalence, Risk Factors and Inflammatory Markers
Kidney Week attendees can visit booth 726 to hear presentations from DCR and DaVita Kidney Care clinical leaders or speak to company representatives about partnering with DaVita.
To learn more about DCR, visit www.DaVitaClinicalResearch.com.
About DaVita Clinical Research
DaVita Clinical Research (DCR), a wholly owned subsidiary of DaVita Inc., uses its extensive, applied database and real-world healthcare experience to assist pharmaceutical and medical device companies in the design, recruitment and completion of retrospective, prospective and pragmatic clinical trials. DCR’s scientific and clinical expertise spans the lifecycle of product development with more than 175 client companies. DCR’s Early Clinical Research unit (Phase I-IIa) and Late Phase Clinical Research (Phase IIb through post-marketing) network of physicians and investigative sites, and Real-World Healthcare Data are focused on providing world-class research in both complex/specialty populations and therapeutic areas and especially in CKD and ESRD populations. To learn more about DCR, visit DaVitaClinicalResearch.com.
About DaVita Inc.
DaVita Inc., a Fortune 500® company, is the parent company of DaVita Kidney Care and DaVita Medical Group. DaVita Kidney Care is a leading provider of kidney care in the United States, delivering dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. As of June 30, 2017, DaVita Kidney Care operated or provided administrative services at 2,445 outpatient dialysis centers located in the United States serving approximately 194,600 patients. The company also operated 217 outpatient dialysis centers located in 11 countries outside the United States. DaVita Medical Group manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Washington in its pursuit to deliver excellent-quality health care in a dignified and compassionate manner. DaVita Medical Group’s teammates, employed clinicians and affiliated clinicians provided care for approximately 1.7 million patients. For more information, please visit DaVita.com/About.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/davita-clinical-research-results-featured-at-american-society-of-nephrology-kidney-week-2017-300546068.html
SOURCE DaVita Clinical Research
Powered by WPeMatico