DALLAS, October 24, 2017 (PRESS RELEASE JET) – Today, Kommen llc, a company that creates complementary software products for Uber drivers and Uber passengers, announces a Meter for Uber that allows an Uber rider track how much is owed to Uber as the rider progresses on a trip. This new feature is similar to a taxi fare meter. According to Malik Akande (the Founder of Kommen) – “In addition to being able to schedule an Uber ride in remote/suburban areas not covered for ride scheduling by the Uber app, you can now also monitor your Uber fare as your ride progresses with the Kommen app.”
For Uber rides who uses the “Meter for Uber and Lyft” app, and also use the Uber rider app, this app improves the Uber trip experience by bringing two highly sought after ridesharing features in one place: booking an Uber Ride, and monitoring the rider’s Uber Fare.
Some of the rider additional features not currently available on Uber’s app include:
In addition to being able to schedule an Uber ride in remote/suburban areas not covered for ride scheduling by the Uber app, you can now also monitor your Uber fare as your ride progresses with the Kommen app.
· Uber Fare Monitoring: With this feature, the Uber rider can watch their fare as he/she rides in an Uber. (Multi-currency support also included).
· Surge Price Protection: Per Kommen, the rider is protected from surge pricing when an Uber ride for later is scheduled on the Uber platform. One of Kommen’s users said:
“[I] Wanted to schedule an Uber for an early time and I’m on the edge of the service area. A driver accepted near the time, arrived early and I wasn’t hit with surge pricing that was going on. Worked as promised.”
· Ride Backups: With this feature, a rider can select a backup Uber product type, to call, if the primary ride preference is not available. For example, if an Uber Black is not available, an UberX is called, if that is selected as a ride backup.
· Ride Retries: Rides are automatically retried when Uber doesn’t have vehicles
· Extended Retries: You have the option to extend your scheduling window automatically.
To download Kommen on Android, go here:
For more information on Kommen, take a look at the video here:
For Kommen’s website, and to get more information on Kommen, go here:
To use Kommen, after downloading, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to Kommen with a rider Uber account (To sign up for uber, go here – http://www.uberkit.net/ridersignup)
2. Click the + sign at the top right to schedule your ride,
3. Set your pickup and destination address
4. Set your pickup time and date
5. Click Continue/Complete.
For any inquiries or questions, send Kommen an email here – [email protected]
About Kommen llc: Kommen llc is the maker of Kommen, the app that schedules an Uber for Later, even when Uber does not. Kommen’s goal is to fill the gaps left by Uber in the ridesharing space. Kommen intends to be the primary complementary service/product for Uber passengers and/or drivers.
Source: Kommen llc
Powered by WPeMatico