Portland, OR — (PRESS RELEASE JET) — 10/27/2017 — Global Thermoform Packaging Market was valued at $34,044 million in 2015, and is expected to reach $49,804 million by 2022, supported by a CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period 2014 – 2022.Thermoforming is a manufacturing process wherein paperboard, plastic, or aluminum sheets are heated to a temperature such that it can be easily bent to form desired product.
Rise in application in food & beverage packaging industry drive the growth of the global thermoform packaging market. Thermoform packages are light, odor-free, flexible, and moisture-free, and are thus preferred over wood and glass. Owing to these superior properties, the demand for thermoform packaging is expected to grow in the near future. Growth in consumer preference towards packaged and fresh food is also expected to augment growth of the global thermoform packaging market. Besides, macro-economic factors such as changes in lifestyle and improvement in standard of living are also expected to boost demand for thermoform packaging during the forecast period. Furthermore, emerging trends such as advancements in thermoform manufacturing technology, shift toward lightweight packaging, and rise in use of polylactic acid (PLA) films in thermoforming are expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the global thermoform packaging market during the forecast period.
FLAT 20% DISCOUNT ON THIS REPORT
Request Sample Copy of this report:
The plastics segment accounted for the highest share, both in terms of value and volume, owing to the increase in usage in food & beverage, personal care & cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals industry. Among plastics, polyethylene terephthalate (PET) dominated the global thermoform packaging market throughout the forecast period.
Key findings of the Thermoform Packaging Market
* North America dominated the global thermoform packaging market in 2015, accounting for over one-third of the share, in terms of revenue.
* In 2015, thermoform packaging used in food & beverage industry accounted for two-fifths share of the global market.
* On the basis of material type, the plastics segment accounted for more than 80% share in 2015, and is anticipated to maintain its lead during the forecast period.
* Blister packaging accounted for majority of the share in 2015 and is anticipated to showcase fastest growth during the forecast period.
* Germany generated more than one-fifth of the total revenue in the Europe thermoform packaging market in 2015, and is expected to show highest growth rate.
* Asia-Pacific thermoform packaging market is expected to grow at the fastest rate throughout the forecast period.
* Based on heat seal coating, solvent-based coating is the leading segment, accounting for more than half of the share of global thermoform packaging market in 2015.
The key players of thermoform packaging market profiled in this report are Anchor Packaging, Bemis Company, Inc., Sonoco Products Company, Amcor Limited, Placon Corporation, Display Pack Inc., Pactiv LLC, E.I. Du Pont Nemours and Company, Westrock Company, and DS Smith PLC.
Access Full Summary at:
Powered by WPeMatico